If you live in an area with hard water, it may not seem like something that needs to be immediately addressed. You may even prefer the taste of hard water to softened water. However, the problem with hard water is that it is hard on every aspect of your plumbing.
The Effects of Hard Water
Hard water is caused by water being filtered through large deposits of limestone, which, in North America, happens in most areas. This causes the water to be flush with minerals like calcium, which is good for bones, but bad for everything else. The list of problems caused by hard water is a long one, it includes:
- Clogged Plumbing – Limescale from hard water will build up in your pipes. Think of it like an artery that is slowly being clogged up. It restricts water flow until it becomes fully clogged.
- Hard on Appliances – Any appliance that uses hard water is at risk. Hard water wears down appliances faster and will result in the need for more frequent repairs
- Tough on Clothes – Hate faded clothes? Hate itchy stiff clothes? If the answer is yes, then hard water is a problem. No matter what kind of detergent or fabric softener you use, it won’t combat the effects of hard water on your laundry.
- Hard on Your Body – The minerals in hard water even wreak havoc on your person. They are responsible for drying out skin and hair when you take a shower.
- Water Stains – Do your glasses come out of the dishwasher with water spots? This is a hard water problem.
While a water softener requires an upfront investment, it really is an investment for the long-term health of your home. Soft water keeps your pipes from clogging up and needing replacement, it keeps appliances working longer, and it can even make it so you don’t have to wipe down your glasses after every load of dishes. If you are looking into having a water softener installed, contact us today to see what the local plumber team at The Plumber Guy can do to help in Arizona cities like Phoenix, Peoria, Surprise, Avondale, Buckeye, El Mirage, Glendale, Litchfield Park, Sun City West, Sun City, Tolleson, Waddell, Wittmann, Youngtown.