The Importance of Professional Drain CleaningFeb 14, 2023
Are you having problems with your drain? It may be clogged. If you have a clogged drain, it can impact your home’s functionality. Whether it’s your bathtub, shower, sink, or any other drain, there is a solution to restoring your plumbing system—drain cleaning. Let’s discuss the difficulties of clogged drains and the importance of professional drain cleaning.
Signs of a Clogged Drain
How do you know if your drain is clogged? There are some things you can look for that can help determine if your drain is clear or clogged. Here are a few common signs of a clogged drain:
- Water pooling in your sink or bathtub
- Water takes a long time to drain
- Gurgling sounds in your sink or bathtub
- Plumbing fixtures backing up
- The smell of rotted food coming from your drain
If you notice any of these signs, you should consider contacting a professional plumber.
Drain Cleaning Services
You may be wondering whether you should try DIY drain cleaning or hire a professional drain cleaning company. When you try to resolve a clogged drain by yourself, you may succeed, or you could cause the clog to get worse or injure yourself. However, when you hire an experienced plumber, you won’t have to worry about escalating the situation—instead, you can count on it being resolved promptly and safely.
How to Avoid Clogging Your Drain
Oftentimes, a clogged drain can be avoided. There are basic practices that you can adhere to that will help you prevent the headache of a clogged drain. These practices include:
- Be careful of what you flush. Unlike toilet paper, not everything is meant to be flushed down the toilet. Non-flushable household items include paper towels, feminine products, wipes, toilet cleaning sponges, etc.
- Brush your hair before taking a shower or bath. This routine can help remove any loose strands before you bathe, therefore not letting them get stuck in your drain. The same concept applies to your brushing your pet’s fur before bathing him/her.
- Don’t put just anything down your garbage disposal. Some foods are safe to throw in your garbage disposal, while others should be tossed into a compost heap or trashcan.
- Don’t wash fats down your drain. This includes greases and oils.
- Use drain strainers in your kitchen and bathroom. This can help catch any hair, soap, food, or other items that could build up and form a clog.
Do you believe that you have a clogged drain? Contact The Plumber Guy today to learn more about our professional drain cleaning service. As a licensed plumber with decades of experience, you can count on us to clean your drain and remove any clogs with ease.
We offer free service calls and estimates during normal business hours and often provide same-day service. Homeowners can also rely on us for upfront, affordable pricing and honest, value-driven service. If you have any questions about our drain cleaning service or our other comprehensive plumbing services, please don’t hesitate to ask. Our friendly team is always happy to help.